Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Great Escape

Laying in a room all day long brings about many emotions.  I generally start the day off in a good mood.  But without fail at some point in the day, I get a little depressed.  But I refuse to wallow is self pity for to long.  So I start thinking of humorous things to do.  Today I planned my great escape.  (Never mind I could probably just sign myself out but that takes all the fun out of planning an escape.)

So this was the plan.  There are about 6 pregnant nurses that I am aware of in the Labor and Delivery and Antepartum floor.  Well 5 now.  One started maternity leave today.  Usually they wear blue or green scrubs.  How hard could it be to get a set of scrubs?  Once I commandeer a set of scrubs I would change clothes.  Now the tricky part is getting out of my room past the nurses station.  That is a tough one since my room is directly in front of the nurses station.  So I have to wait until everyone has her back turned or are distracted by another resident on this floor and sneak out the room.  If they happen to look up then all they notice is me waddling (yes I said waddle) down the hallway like all the other pregnant nurses.  One short hallway and a quick turn to the right and out the door I go.  It is the perfect plan provided no one realizes that I am African American and they don't have any African American pregnant nurses with her hair braided in cornrows on the floor.  

Well I was so tickled with my escape plan I told the charge nurse who thought it was so funny she shared it with the other nurses.  Apparently one of the nurses added a twist to my escape.  Saying that she could see the nurses finding her locked in a closet with her scrubs missing.  Now I would never do that! Then again I probably do need her ID Badge to complete the outfit.

Dr. A just walked in and confirmed that she spoke to Dr. B and provided all goes well she will let me out of here at 28 weeks.  That is next Monday!  My glucose test is fine and I don't have to take the 3 hour test.  Hallelujah -Thank you Lord.   I will still be on bed rest but I will be in my own home in my own bed and surrounded by my little one and Hubby. 

HOWEVER, if they plan on keeping me longer then I have to come up with the Great Escape plan B.

God is good, all the time and all the time, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment