Sunday, August 29, 2010

True Friends Are Not Friends - They Are Family

Yesterday was amazing and as I write this blog I fight back tears of happiness.

Yes, I am still in the hospital.  And yes, I am still restricted to bed rest.  However, I had visitors.  First a wonderful couple that I have known for 7 years stopped by with a loaf of homemade banana bread.  Because their four beautiful girls were disappointed that they could not visit they had a video of the girls telling me hi.  Ohhhh how beautiful.  Now when I have a tough or depressing day - I have one more vision in my arsenal to brighten my day.  The stories MC & CC told me about the girls had me so tickled but also helped increase my confidence that the hubby and I will be able to handle raising two girls. 

As if my heart was not already overwhelmed and filled with love and appreciation.  The ladies from my Mommy's group decided to change their scheduled Mommy's outing to visit me.  And just when I thought it could not get any better one of the Mommy's handed me a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich and garlic fries.  Man does E. know me well.  Then C gave me cookies from the best bakery in the area.  Yummy!  The oatmeal and raisin cookies made me want to smack the baker it was that good.  LOL!  And L gave me a slice of cake with chocolate chips.  WOW!  Everyone offers to help the hubby with our little one.  We talked about our children, work, husbands. Our hubby's went to Vegas and us Mom's have not had our trip away from home yet because they keep getting us pregnant.  We have big plans in the making for our trip away.  And they will have to watch 2 children instead of 1. Yippee.

But I digress.

We eventually talked about what landed me in the hospital.  Just then the doctor on call that day walks in and wouldn't you know it.  This is C's doctor.  How funny.  With concerned looks they begin asking the questions my Mom, Husband, Sister and Brother would ask. They ask the questions I forgot to ask. Their inquiries are purely one of concern for me an my baby.

I am humbled even more. My heart begins to overflow.  And I am reminded of scripture in Romans 12 that states: Love must be sincere. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.

It is not until everyone leaves that I realize that somehow without my knowledge my family has increased.  They have become my sisters and brothers.  No this did not happen because of the visit.  It happened before the visit.  I just did not realize it until now. 

Little do they know that I am fiercely loyal and devoted to those that have become family.  But I hope that they all know that I truly love and appreciate each and everyone one of them. I pray that God always smiles on each one of them.

Yes - Yesterday was an amazing day. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment