Friday, August 27, 2010

My Little One Visits Me

My toddler came running in the room yelling Mommy.  What music to my ears.  Her soprano voice almost brings tears to my eyes.  She has her little routine now.  We give each other hugs and lots of kisses.  Her giggles ring through out the room.  I kiss her and make her laugh until shes had enough.  What makes me laugh myself to tears is that she keeps turning her head from side to side so to make sure that I kiss her on both sides of her face and neck. 

She then takes off her jacket and shoes and starts playing with the buttons on the bed. The fact that she is able to make the bed move in a number of directions makes her start laughing all over again. I am sure these motions are not good for my "bed rest" so I move to a safe area while Daddy controls the situation.

During this time I take a moment to look at her hair.  Daddy washed it for the first time yesterday.  He did a great job.  Even put barrettes in her hair.  Good thing I put lots of braids in it so he did not have to comb it.  Mommy still has to have some control - even from the hospital room. 

She then has to take time to eat dinner that Daddy brought with him.  Of course she wants Mommy's snacks and since I feel so guilty of not being home I give in.  Daddy complains that she is getting "sugared up" and will be in for a long night because she will not go down easy at her 8:30 bedtime.  I say it will be okay.  After all its the weekend.  Daddy chuckles meaning "yeah right".  God Bless him he is a good man.  I can see he is tired.  Hopefully, the little one will sleep in longer and give Daddy a chance to rest longer.

Normally we would take a wheelchair ride around the hospital but I realize Daddy is very tired.  I opt to put in a Backyardigan's DVD so the little one and I can have snuggle time.  She hops up in the hospital bed with Mommy pulls up the cover on both of us, snuggles up under me and start watching the movie.  One of the nurses pops a bag of popcorn for us and my little one and I have our private time eating popcorn and watching a movie.  Somewhere during the middle of the movie she turns to me and says tickle Mommy and tries to tickle me.  This lasts for a few short seconds before her attention is back to the Backyardigan's.  Daddy is in the corner playing Sudoku.  I am now totally convinced that Daddy is addicted to Sudoku.

The movie is over.  Daddy says its time to go bye bye.  My little one gets out of the bed and pulls on me and says "Mommy Up".  She gets my shoes and makes me put them on.  I fight back tears.  I say "Baby get your shoes".  I put on her shoes and jacket.  She starts to walk towards the door then runs back to me and gives me a hug and kiss.  I kiss her until she giggles.  Daddy gives me a kiss.  I say I love you.  My baby says her version of I love you and then "See you tomorrow".  They walk out the door.  I smile but my feelings are bitter sweet.  I am happy that my baby is not crying when she leaves Mommy behind and sad that I am not walking out with them.

Its about 8:30 p.m. The visit was about 2 hours. During those two hours this room was filled with sunshine unlike any other.  All three of my babies were here.  Daddy, my little one and the one on the way.  Thank you Lord!  I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment